Saturday, September 13, 2008

Meet our New Friend Emma

Addie and Alex Meet Emma
For months now, I have been trying to get involved with Huntsville Hospital NICU. I had such a moving experience with the NICU in St. Louis that I wanted to get involved with the local NICU. In doing some research, I came across a blog of a very dear friend. I met Brandy, Emma's mom back in May when we moved to Huntsville. We have spent the past 4 months talking via the Internet and phone. However, due to our busy schedules and kids being sick, we have not had the opportunity to actually meet in person. I have been so looking forward to meeting her though and knew that when we met that I would feel so comfortable as I feel like I had known her for a long time. There is something about having a preemie baby/babies that draws you close to others that have been there. Emma, Brandy and George's daughter was born at 26 weeks. She is now a healthy, energetic and loving little girl! Tonight, we had the pleasure of meeting them in person for the first time! What an exciting experience. It is one that will never be forgotten. Between Emma's balloon popping at the dinner table, to Emma kissing Alex, and Emma trying to push the stroller, we had a great time visiting. We are already planning another play date for possibly as soon as tomorrow! Thanks to Emma and her parents for such a fun night out!
Here are our pictures from this evening. Want to learn more about Emma and her family, please feel free to visit their blog at:
For now, enjoy these pictures!
Normally, you save the best for last. However, this one had to go first!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma was so thrilled to put her hands on Addie and Alex. She kept petting Alex saying, "pretty". She tried to kiss Addie's toes, push the stroller, and kiss Alex all in the same night! How funny!
Emma says, "Pretty"..... I don't know that he is pretty, but he sure is handsome!
Ok Emma, what about me???????? I need some attention too!
Do you think we're cute?
Emma did save the best for last, Addie! Check out her pose in this picture. Do you see her crossed feet! How cute!

Alex and Addie had a fun time getting to know Emma!


No comments: