Thursday, October 9, 2008

October is Here!!!!!!!


Welcome October
Whew! I can't believe how busy we have been here lately....
Seems like just yesterday that I updated the blog!
Taking pictures has even been getting harder. Now that Addelynn and Alexander are getting bigger and more mobile, we are finding ourselves with less free time! However, we promise to be better in weeks to come!
Here is some news about our week!
Addelynn and Alexander went to daycare for the first time for 2 days while mommy was going to try and go back to work. However, after Addie coming home after the 1st day with a double ear infection and the beginning of strep, and us looking at things, it was not going to be cost effective for me to go back to work! So, I am praying that I will be able to stay home with them for many years to come! Don't get me wrong, I think that interacting with other people and kids is a wonderful experience for children. However, I am not going to pay to go back to work... Addie and Alex are happy playing at home with all their toys!
Tomorrow we are getting new pieces to our play yard. You know the play yard that you have seen in so many pictures? Addie and Alex say thank you to Oma for getting us some extra pieces. We can't wait til the UPS truck arrives tomorrow! I think that our whole sunroom will be play yard soon! Yea!!!!!!
Alex is starting to stand up and also pulling up on everything!!!!!!!
He has really been moving all over the place. He loves to play in the play yard with Addie, but for some reason he likes to aggrivate her too. We always find him trying to climb on or over her and also tugging on her ear..... Of course, we think that it is funny, but try and re-direct him! His bed is on the lowest setting now as he stands up in bed now! Addelynn is getting stronger everyday! She has started sitting on her own for short periods of time and is eating like a champ.Her new thing is that she loves to go down for a nap and bedtime with a board book. Yes, I know that she cannot read, but it is never too early to start introducing them to books. Plus, considering that we have more books then our old hometown library, Addie and Alex will always have plenty to read! You name it, we have it! At the doctors office this week, Addie weighed 14 pounds 12 ounces and Alex weighed 19 pounds 4 ounces. They are getting soooo big.
Of course, we are proud of just about anything and everything that Addelynn and Alexander do. However, this week has been HUGE! With Alex standing and starting to walk when you hold his hands, we have made some big milestones. But, the biggest one is Addie is saying "ba bye" Yes, you can make it out!!!!!!!!!! We prompt her and then she says it and also waves. Sometimes she waves with one hand, but sometimes with two! That is ok!!!!!!!!!! We are so proud of both of them!
Ok, this has taken me way too long and I am sure that I am forgetting something!
I will do my best to update you more often as this was tiring!
Have a great weekend! Be sure to stay tuned for pictures from our upcoming trip to the Pumpkin Farm!
Alex has been feeding himself for a month or two now. Tonight he was so tired, but wanted to keep eating Cheerios. While mommy and daddy had dinner, he relaxed in the high chair. When we turned to look at him, we saw this!!!!!! Awwwwwww..........
Thanks to some very special friends for having lunch with us today!
Even though Addie and Alex's grandparents live 6-7 hours from here.
It is nice to know that they have adopted ones here in Huntsville!!!!!!
We hope to see you again soon!
I know, I know, it has been a very stressful week! Fever blisters are no fun!

Addelynn is getting to be such a big girl! I cannot believe how big she is getting! Yes, it is so hard to rememeber when she was so little, but she is growing up too fast! She also loves to sit in the high chair and eat cheerios with her brother! In this picture, she had just finished talking on the phone with old grandma. As you know, she is quite the phone talker, these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, you know I started reading the second paragraph about you putting them into daycare and my initial thought was "sick"...because of the germs and things like that, children are always sick from daycares! That's my biggest worry about my child--when I have one. Funny, then you wrote that she came home with double ear infections. Gosh, that's horrible, I hope she's starting to feel better! Maybe you can find a small part time job at home..something on the computer that you can do for a little bit of money. ;)